A little know fact about me is that I love to cook. And when I say ‘little known’, I really mean that you – my blog readers – probably don’t know about my culinary skills. Others do however, which is why I’ve been knocking back offers to host my own cooking show for years. I still get lots of offers – some recent examples include hosting MasterSchnubbs, Iron Schnubbs and The Naked Schnubbs. But I digress…
In today’s post I wanted to share with you one of my top secret recipes. This little gem is packed with flavour, nutrients, protein and carbs – all requirements for a healthy growing tiger.
It’s called ‘Baked Beans ala Schnubbs’ and is a time honoured tradition in the von Turkleberry household. Here’s the recipe:
- Open a can of SPC baked beans
- Pour into a bowl and put in the microwave for 45 seconds
- At the same time (this is important!) put two slices of multi-grain bread in the toaster
- When the 45 seconds is up, stir the baked beans and then cook for another 45 seconds
- When the toast pops, take it out and slather it with butter
- Take out the baked beans and pour over the toast
- Add pepper to taste.